Saturday, July 5, 2008

Have Ticket Will Travel

Well, it's finally here - another overseas trip!! The only drawback is that I lost my Fourth of July Holiday as I spent most of the day Thursday and all day Friday traveling from Houston to Dubai. My Emirates flight (EK212) departed Houston about 40 mins. late and it was 'wheels up' at 7:50 pm local Houston time. We landed in Dubai at precisely 7:15 pm Dubai time (10:15 am Houston time) on Friday, July 4. Since I've never perfected the fine art of sleeping on a plane, I arrived very, very tired after 14 hours and 25 minutes of flying non-stop. I checked in at the wonderful Royal Mirage Hotel here in the Jumeira Beach section of Dubai. So far I can honestly say this is a wonderful property. I will post some pictures later after I've recuperated from my jet lag and have had a chance to walk around the place. As anticipated, it is HOT!! About 35 - 40 deg C! Sadly, this is not my final destination but merely intended to be a short pleasurable and restful respite prior to traveling to my final work location.

No comments: