Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fourth Weekend in Kuwait (November 28 and 29) A Meal With the Air Force

On Friday, I had the pleasure of being invited to participate in a Thanksgiving Day meal at a friend's villa in our camp in Al Zour. As has been the tradition in years past, we had two busloads of US troops in our camp. This year we had only members of the US Air Force who are stationed in a Kuwaiti air base in the northern part of Kuwait. Nature cooperated by providing some really FINE weather - sunny and cool (25 deg C). The airmen/women played volleyball a while and then we all dove in to the turkey dinner and desserts!!


Members of the US Air Force stationed in Kuwait playing volleyball.

The water was excellent and the weather perfect!!!

And the high point of the day was turkey dinner with all the fixings!!

A perfect day for someone far away from home.

Saturday was reserved for a few chores: my monthly haircut in the nearby town of Fahaheel and then home to cook my own meal. One complaint: the Starbucks at the Hilton Hotel in Mangaf was out of decaffeinated coffee!! Can you believe that??!!

Today - Sunday, November 30 - it's back to work here in our office in Wonderful Wafra!! Only a few days to go before I fly to home sweet home for some badly needed vacation and Christmas shopping!

2 comments:

John said...

Nice to hear you had a good time... not to worry, before you know it, you'll be home sweet home :)

John said...

Traveling Chemist: It's my pleasure :) I still enjoy your posts as much as I did a couple of months ago. Your question about sitemeter... yes, I think it is a great tool for bloggers to know how many people visits their blogs, and some interesting statistics as I had shared in this post. So far, no issues. Are you encountering any problems? Please feel free to share with me and I will do my best to help you.